Forum

dimebag of Pantera shot on stage

Forums Latest Post Info
Total Posts: 508

man, i don’t know if yall have gotten wind of it, but some crazed dood shot Dimebag Darrel to death at a concert and shot his brother also, the drummer,  Vinnie Paul..he is hospitalized, and the guy that shot them and four other people was killed himself by the police…it just seems weird , cuz i listen to them sometimes….man, whenever madonna dies, that’s especially gonna be hard on me also, cuz i totally grew up on her and love her alot, any comments

Total Posts: 34

gotta admit it left me pretty speechless- and at the same time left me feeling really confused about human nature….I mean we all have thoughts that my involve some kind of dislike towards someone or something but to actually realise and carry out those thoughts in reality—-that is really f-cked up…

how come they don’t have metal detectors in all venues?, i mean if your going to a club, presumably you go there to have a good time, not to knife or shoot someone, so if you had metal detectors wouldn’t it put you off bringing such hardware to clubs….

Rip Dimebag, Nathan Bray, Erin Halk, Jeff Thompson

yeah, i know, but i am sure there will be more of that now, it sux cuz it ‘s good to be without all the big brother watching and monitoring and wish we could just be trusted, but it’s pinhead evildoers like that that ruin it for the rest of society, just like 911 and all that….it does suck….i thought we had sufficient security at the concerts as well….. maybe they have focused more of that at schools cuz the shootings….but really i don’t think it will ever be fool proof…..unfortunately…and luv the way Dimebag could make the guitar squeal on those high notes, that was cool….it’s kind of hard to listen to them now…i wonder how devastated Phil Anselmo is….??

Total Posts: 550

i think the discussion about aggression and music will start again.

aggressive music provokes aggressive behaviour, even against the aggressor (the band) himself?

we had it with ozzy, with slipknot and marylin manson ...
but the people said, the heard the music. now its the people that want to kill the ones, who even make the music!

the last thing i want, when i get on stage, is to be shot!

YUMMNESS

YUMMNESS

Total Posts: 54

i couldnt beileve it when i heard, its such a shock and sucks big time :(

yeah, when i listen to them now, it seems weird, but they still blow me away, and i don’t always agree with aggression all the time, CAT DADDEH, i know what you mean…but all music has a purpose somehow….it’s so cool chatting with another girl on here….yeah…...

purpose? for sure? I don┬ąt agree with some society experts on this subject (they say that aggressive music leads to aggressive behaviour), cause i would call myself an expert too smile

Total Posts: 230

Aggressive music causes aggression? Many so called “experts” think so, but I think it’s not true. Metal band members are probably the most calm people in the music industry! When I listen to some fast metal songs I never feel aggressive - loud metal music is one of the best ways to deal with stress for me. All the negative energy also evaporates on a concert - jumping with hands risen, screaming and singing…

The same goes for brutal video games - “experts” say that they cause aggression, but I think there’s nothing better than to play Quake and frag a few shamblers. It’s a lot better to kill a few foes in a computer game than to go outside and start shooting. Experts say that children play gore video games, like Doom 3 or GTA, and then they are aggressive or have other mental problems. But where were their parrents? They probably even bought such a video game to their 10 year old kid!

When someone has problems, can’t tell what’s right or wrong… that person may go out on a street with an AK-47 influenced by the latest Dido album (wich is awesome, by the way wink)!

i read that someone was provoked to rape and slaughter a girl, after watching and advert for cornflakes ... ????