Forum

Guitars

Forums Latest Post Info
1 of 4

Total Posts: 122

I was wondering what guitars and amps, Kelli & Xavier, own ?  Do they have a preference for certain designs, and makers ?

Total Posts: 550

I like “Status” bass ... the best bass to be ...

Well ampwise it would be “trace elliot”

effect pedal wise it would be “boss” ...

Great stuff!

Yeah Xavier should post his euipment in here ... would be interessting!
Kelli does play a accustic guitar on some songs live and did it on her trip to mexico ... so it would be great to hear what equipment she uses ...

I am also interessted in strings ... or all the electronic stuff on the guitars to get some other sound than the original one!

Total Posts: 51

I think Kelli’s playing a Yamaha in the live photo on the official site.
Yay, i’ve got a Yamaha electric, although it’s from the er…cheaper end of the range :(

well yamaha accusstic guitars are okay ... but all other things of yamaha are “ieeeeeeeeeeeeeh” ...

i think kelli i playing an E chord with her fingers on that pic ... could be also an A chord ...

hard to see!

What plec does kelli use? Is her “logo” on it? Like the big rock star bands have their own logo on their own plec series ... would be a great prize for musicians!

Aggh, this posting without signing in is catching me out, the above ‘guest’ post is mine.

I’d love one, is it expensive to get them made up ?

actually i really don¥t know ... but i would prefer my own string edition!

“ToM strings ... last longer than your fingers can play smile

There are some musicians out there, who get their own editions ... like the professional of the professionals ... Drummers like “Dave Weckl” have their onw cymbals edition and drum sticks edition” ... if you would be a musician and sabain (drum cymbal company) would like to get you your own edition in something ... well i think that some of the highest honor you could actually get!

I must say, despite being a cheapy, my Yamaha electric doesn’t sound too bad. It has a great sustain, although the pickups & machine heads could be better.
I wonder if it’s worthwhile upgrading it ?

Yeah i’ve seen ‘special edition’ stuff with musicians names, how cool is that :D   Although i’ll bet with some it’s more of a marketing gimmick than anything.
Quality guitars cost the earth, even a lot of the expensive stuff seems to be made in a sweatshop somewhere.
If i had the cash i’d love to buy an old Les Paul, or Strat.

Total Posts: 230

Ladies and gents, I wish to announce that I am learning to play electric guitar! 8)
I simply thought it’s cool to know how to play and it’s a huge mistake to have an instrument at home and not know how to use it, lol :D

Yayyyy..good luck, let us know how you get on :D
I’ve given up on mine, i think my fingers have a mind of their own :(
BTW, what make of guitar is it (just nosey)????

music can be your heart really. there is so much going on in life ... friends, grilfriends, homes, everything can change. but music is there, the whole time ... it is constant.
It really helps in many many ways ... and the best thing is to play an instrument yourself. it is like your on psychotherapy.

Musicians are really different people.

So good look and try to keep your mind on the guitar. And don¥t expect too much of you, in a short time.

What make is my guitar? There’s “monarch” written on the neck (don’t know how to call it in english wink), but nothing more - I guess it’s some kind of a noname… but it sounds okay, not great but enough for a good start smile

Total Posts: 51

Good luck

The guitar is my favourite instrument in the whole world!
If you’re anything like me, you’ll probably pick it up, put it down and pick it back up again but if you want a decent piece of advice from one who has learned a lesson. . . once you pick up that damn guitar, try no to put it down for too long.
If I had just spent more days playing then I would be a whole lot better than I am now. I’m really enjoying playing more and writing more on the guitar these days and I hope that the guitar brings you all the joy and peace that it can bring.
Xavier and I were talking recently about it and he said that playing an instrument is really just playing yourself, your heart, your love.

Peace and good wishes
Kelli Ali

Vive La Rock ‘n’ Roll!

That’s good advice smile  I wish i’d stuck at it more, i’ve been trying to learn off & on for about 15 years now :(
Last year after a break of about 7 years i bought another guitar. For a while i was doing ok, learning the chords, but then i hit a kind of ‘learning block’, & didn’t seem to be getting any further.
I’m sure it’s just down to practice, but the fact i’ve no patience doesn’t help, i always expect to play like Hendrix after a couple of weeks :D

Thanks for the advice Kelli smile
The first time I held the guitar in my hands (was a few years ago, can’t recall how many) I felt like I would play like a virtuoso right from the start and when it didn’t happen, I didn’t want to even touch the guitar ever again :D
But this time I shall do all I can to learn, I’ll practice until I won’t feel my fingers anymore - I’m not going anywhere these holidays ( :( ), so I’ll have plenty of time wink